Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Crafting

Abby and I took advantage of our first "day off" since she's been back to do some fun craft projects.
 
 
Pinecone bird feeders! Just in case you grew up under a rock and never did this as a kid :), here's how you do it: cover a pinecone with peanut butter, roll in bird seed until completely covered, tie a string around the top, and hang from a tree or bush so the birdies (and squirrels!) can enjoy.
 
 
We didn't have any string, so we just tucked them in the branches of the front bushes. :)
 
 
Handprint pumpkins! I'm a sucker for any handprint craft...I think it's such a cute way to record a child's growth. First paint a big orange circle on a sheet of paper...
 
 
 ... then paint the child's hands green and have them "stamp" the "vines" on top. I drew a little "stem," too.
 
I still have a few crafts pinned still - an adorable fall leaf suncatcher, for instance - so I can't wait for our next "free" day! :)
 
 

No comments: